It’s been a hot minute since we’ve talked cosplay here at the blog, so you, dear readers, are due for updates! As I mentioned in an earlier post, I’m building a Lady Henry Killinger costume for SDCC. Killinger is on track to be my first completed con costume, and I may have the opportunity to debut it at next month’s Starfest. So, you know, I’m excited.
Here are some of my materials/base items:
Stethoscope. I know, I know, Killinger’s isn’t red. BUT IT WAS SO PRETTY, I HAD TO BUY IT.
The mask. This base mask was at a lovely little costume shop here in Denver called Disguises. It has some nicks on the nose, but I fixed it with a little paint. I used a sewing pencil to mark the mask as a guide for the paint. I painted the design in with paint pens, which I think came out beautifully.
Obviously, there’s still plenty of work to do. However, I’m confident that this can be a respectable costume and will do justice to Dr. Killinger’s magic murdering ways! Stay tuned for more updates!